• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drop bracket removal ''free bee''

y-townxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so my bro, is geting rid of his xj that has drop brakets, and he sead there mine, if i take them off. So what, will it invalve removeing these, they dont have, braces. Also will, I be able to fit stock rubicon rims and tires, on his xj after removing these, it has a 3'' lift and the 31's rub on the front of the fender from being so far forrward, from the brakets...any info id helpful, ''how many bolts are invalved?'', etc......thanks

you use a lot of damned commas... in the wrong places.

check for welds between the brackets and the origionals. if they have em, buy a 4 inch grinder and go at it. if not, just unbolt. youll probably need a lot of ft/lbs so you might want to jack it up and get a 3ft or 4ft breaker bar.

mmm........just what are you going to be bolting back up.....to make his XJ moveable? Or is he sending it to the great XJ playground in the sky? Do you don't have to worry about make it move? Because if you are just removing the DB and plan on bolting the arms back up, you are in for a fun time.

CartsXJ said:
mmm........just what are you going to be bolting back up.....to make his XJ moveable? Or is he sending it to the great XJ playground in the sky? Do you don't have to worry about make it move? Because if you are just removing the DB and plan on bolting the arms back up, you are in for a fun time.

UCAs are over rated anyways...

damn this thread gives me a headache. i can't even tell you how many times i had to reread each sentence. +2 on the webster dict. dang dude!

CartsXJ said:
At 3" of lift he didnt need the DB's anyway,it will bolt back up perfectly!

sorry bout the spelling, I had sorry serouce medical problems, while I was in high school, so I really started to loose my ability. Anyway, the xj will need to be driven like a regular car its a 99, what is the deal about removeing the lca's and uca's. I have removed them before, can I just remove, the upper mounts ''frame'' and leave the, bottom ''axle'' ones on, while i remove the db's...thanks

Just take them off or leave them on, do both while your hands are already dirty! The Rubicon rims with stock size tires will fit fine even w/o a lift. They look good up to a 3" lift IMO.

y-townxj said:
sorry bout the spelling, I had sorry serouce medical problems, while I was in high school, so I really started to loose my ability. Anyway, the xj will need to be driven like a regular car its a 99, what is the deal about removeing the lca's and uca's. I have removed them before, can I just remove, the upper mounts ''frame'' and leave the, bottom ''axle'' ones on, while i remove the db's...thanks

Wait a minute, are we talking about the same DB that lower both the upper and lower control arms? If I remember correctly, and I did install my lift by myself, yes damn it I want a cookie, you needd to remove both arms to remove the DB. And with only 3" of lift what DB's are they, trailmaster's?

Back