• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys 3.5" leaf spring packs ?

xjlongo

NAXJA Forum User
I am running a skyjacker 3" kit and after about 2 years the rear aal are starting to sag . I added 1.5 " shackles and am currently sitting around 3" in the rear and 4" in the front. i plan on buying the rustys 3.5 " spring packs and was wondering if anyone has these or had any issues with them. i also plan on getting spacers for the front and be sitting around 5"all around.:worship:

i've got the rusty's 3.5 leafs and have been happy with them so far. i have only been running them for a year so i can't say on the longevity. if you have a big enough budget i would recommend re. any other spring you will get people saying they are no good and some that have had no problems with the cheaper brands.

can anybody say for sure, i read somewhere they the same shop makes both rusty's and re springs. is there any truth to that rumor?

I've been running Rusty's 3.5" since the summer of 07' and my rear end still sits higher than the front. I've experienced no sag, can't complain about the performance either.

I have no experience with RE, I know ppl on here can get really opinionated. A lot of people run RE a lot run Rusty's.....

My new project is gonna run saggy stock springs with shackle relocation kits and TNT boomerangs, and a RE coil in the front.

take that however you like.

RE seems to be the mot highly recommended, so if you're just buying leaves I don't think the cost difference is that big. Buy RE call it a day. That'll keep the opinionated kind off your back :)

my .02

I run Rustys rear leafs no problems other than the bushings are POS. Expect to replace them in a year. You can just call rustys and get the size and call your local spring shop and get basically oem replacement ones.

Back