• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arm drop kit

nicksjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i plan on purchasing a 4 to 4.5 lift kit in the very near future. rough country recommends a control arm drop kit. has anybody used these and how do you feel abot them?

i plan on purchasing a 4 to 4.5 lift kit in the very near future. rough country recommends a control arm drop kit. has anybody used these and how do you feel abot them?
I run a RC control arm drop kit on my DD at 6" and love it. I have their adjustable control arms as well, I feel it's a great choice for the money. If you have the extra money go long arm, if not, I'd say drop brackets are a more than adequate substitute.

I ran my 4.5" RC for 6 months and just installed the RC drop brackets. Night and Day difference just as everyone says. If you aren't running long arms then drop brackets are a good way to go.

I put the RC drop brackets on my '01 with a BDS 4.5" lift and they are great. I recently ran off a back road up here, hit something which brought me to an abrupt halt, and pretzeled the right side LCA mount on the LP Dana 30, bent the poo out of the axle end on the track bar when the axle moved, etc. The BDS control arms, and Rough Country drop brackets were unfazed buy the impact.

I was looking at getting a HP 30 and re-gearing so it all worked out!

I run RC control arm drop brackets in my XJ with about 6.5" of lift and it greatly improved my ride. Main difference is without them I felt every little bump through the bottom of the floorboard and that has completely disappeared with putting the lower control arm brackets closer to stock geometry. Like everyone else said, if you have the money go long arms, but the drop brackets are a good substitute.

I'm running the drop brackets w/5.5" and it rides nice, but your ground clearance is hindered.

not really as bad as people keep claiming draw a line in your head of where long arms would go(mount on the frame) on you jeep. Then compare to drop brackets. The long arms go right through where the drop brackets are. You cannot slide off (especially backing off) of things with the drop brackets like you can with long arms though. You do not really loose much ground clearance though.

But anyways. I am running them on a 6" setup which is my daily driver and they are night and day difference from not having them. I also run there adjustable upper and lower control arms. Well worth the investment. if you do a SEARCH on here you will find a few in detail threads on the drop brackets and a few how to's also.

I think searching would answer this. It's covered repeatedly. I run long arms, but would've had no problem going drop brackets with adjustable arms. I ran short arms on 4.5" up front with no drop brackets and it still flexed and wheeled, but it rode like a dump truck.

Back