• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is this a good deal?

chedisme

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
so my neighbor is going to sell me his welder(Lincoln Electric AC/DC 225/125 Welder Model K1297 ). that he bought and never used cause his friend never taught him, for 350. it comes with some sticks, gloves,and a mask.

does that sound like a good deal? I looked the welder up on line and the price ranges from 450-650$.

whats more important is that I don't know how to weld, but plan on learning through a friend/books. Iv read a stick welder is kinda hard to use and is messy(lots of splatter). Is an arc welder a bad idea to learn on?

thanks guys. and sorry if this was covered already. normally im a search nut, and never post with out checking thoroughly first, but im feeling lazy today.

What are you planning to weld?
Do you have any other welder?

Personally if it was me, I'd save up some more cash and look for a 220V MIG if you don't have one already. IMHO, Miller preferably, but Lincoln makes good stuff too.

Personally if it was me, I'd save up some more cash and look for a 220V MIG if you don't have one already. IMHO, Miller preferably, but Lincoln makes good stuff too.

x2 GMAW (mig) is easier and more versatile for most welding applications that you may encounter. you can pick up a 220V Hobart Handler (made by Miller; basically their smaller line) for a pretty good price. Basically save up and get something better the first time. (FYI: Cyberweld.com has really good prices on stuff)

G

sorry I thought I was clear in my first post that I dont have a welder and have never welded before.

as for what I plan on using it for. id like to add on to my bumpers(already bought aftermarket ones) like a hoop for lights or a tire carrier. and maybe when im good enough make a roll cage. and im sure I could find other stuff.

Back