• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aux Fan will not run with A/C on.

garr

NAXJA Forum User
My Aux Fan turns on when the Engine temp reaches 215-220 or so, But it does not run when the A/C is switched on.
First off before anyone ask, The A/C works fine, I searched for a day & found no answer.
What causes the Aux Fan to run when the A/C is switched on?
Is there a sensor somewhere I should check?
Thanks in advance!!

not positive but ive had times where mine wasnt running when i thought it should(98) im thinking it works off head pressure. i was going to try and wire it directly by the time i figured out which wires to power it was working

Should be able to jump the low pressure switch on the condensor w/a paper clip when the air is on and it should turn on the E. fan.

Ken's correct. The elec fan is switched on when the high pressure side rises above 280psi. It's controlled by the high pressure switch, not the low one. You should check the working pressures to see what your high side is doing. You could be low enough on refrigerant to keep the high side below the limit but still high enough to blow cold air.

You didn't include your XJ info in your post. The 2000 and 2001 E-fan runs on the basis of engine temps only, the A/C has no effect on the E-fan. If your temps are good, is there a problem ?

You didn't include your XJ info in your post. The 2000 and 2001 E-fan runs on the basis of engine temps only, the A/C has no effect on the E-fan. If your temps are good, is there a problem ?

I Have a 2001, so I guess there is no problem.
Thanks for the answer!

Back