• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this supposed to be bent like this?

94xjstud

NAXJA Forum User
0526091709.jpg

Its the RE 1600 TracBar
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/JeepParts/Product.aspx?part=RE1600

yes

It is but shouldn't the bend be pointing toward the ground?

shouldnt the bend point up so it doesnt hit the diff cover when the driverside wheel is stuffed into the wheel well?

You would think that would be the last to bend, that is a beefy peice of steel. Lot bigger then the draglink and other parts! I think mine looks the same has a big bend like that.

Ok cool thanks guys. I was just worried, because recently I bent the Tie-rod (pitman arm to pass side) out in the same direction at about the same distance too.

You can kinda see the bend, but the angle doesn't show it well
Hollister002.jpg

The pitman to passenger rod is the drag link. Did you bend the drag link on purpose? If yes, that sounds like a bad idea and I would replace it with a straight one. If no and it bent on its own, I would still replace it because it is now so much weaker. The strength in the drag link comes from it being straight (column strength).

Edit: If you are in San Jose, I think I have an extra one you can have. There is just about no reason to use a bent one.

Last edited:
I bent my draglink in the same spot, The jeep was all over the place on the freeway! I pulled over and used a winch to bend it straighter, drove fine after that. The next weekend I went to pick a part and pulled one off a ZJ. Looks like the tierod at the end was a lil thicker.

um...

Looking at pics of my track-bar I dont think mine has a bend like that... I'm probably wrong though.

Mine looks like it goes straight towards the bracket...

Lol yeah see...bad picture but mine doesn't look to have that bend...

Mine looks like the bar is 90 degrees with the bracket...where as yours goes towards the bracket on an angle.

I think either your track-bar is bent or the bushing end has been modified and wasn't marked before it was cut off...or has someone modified your axle mount?

Could be wrong but I dont think our bushings ends would be different...

See now im confused, all the RE pics of the track-bar on a white background are useless to determine the bends haha, maybe I should go out and look :O

Last edited:
neither the bracket or the bar has been modified in any way. so now does that mean it is bent? Could someone look at their own from the same perspective and let me know?

the newer RE trac bars are supposed to be bent forward to clear the d44 front diff.

older RE trac bars are not bent forward.

RE started out only offering the bent trac bar to rubicons or jeeps with front d44s.

they have swapped to every trac bar being bent.

so to answer your question. yes it is. and yes it is mounted correctly.

no problem.

Back