• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Washer on D30?

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
I heard a rumor from a YJ guy who use to have an XJ. He was saying something abouta problem with the vacuum disconnect front ends and being able to put a washer on it some place to leave it locked at all times and all you need is to put it in 4h or 4l for it to engage. Right now I can't get my vacuum disco front end to lock in. I've tried new vac lines, checked the vacuum res. for cracks or hole and nothing. Need it to be locked it. Doesn't see much highway milage so I don't care if the front driveshaft vibrates at highway speed but has anybody done this? If so do you have pic's or detailed instructions? Also are there any other drawback beside the vib's at highway speed?

Tyler

Hey man get with me. I'll get it fixed for you. I have one set up with washers in it. And I can show you how to make a posi-lock for under $20. I shoot you a PM on AO.

i feel like im the only person to not have a problem with the vacuum disconnect system. the only thing i've ever modified to it is replace the aluminum shift fork with a cast iron one out of a dodge dana 44. since then, ive never had a problem with it engaging, as soon as i pull the lever its in.

I've actually never had a problem with one at all. I made a posi lock for it for the 2Lo portion but that is going to change with the locker. So now I can have 3Lo. lol

Back