• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pop after locker. seal leak

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
got my lockrite locker in the rear axle. every so often i'll get a loud POP. i replaced to seal and bearing also. is this normal? sounds like its coming from the pass side.

replaced the seal on the pass side and its already leaking. if my breather vent is clogged will it build up pressure and pop the seal?

they do that...it tells ya that it's working

got my lockrite locker in the rear axle. every so often i'll get a loud POP. i replaced to seal and bearing also. is this normal? sounds like its coming from the pass side.

replaced the seal on the pass side and its already leaking. if my breather vent is clogged will it build up pressure and pop the seal?

i beleive i read something about the d44 having venting problems and blowing out the seal, you may want to search that info or someone can chime in.

If the rear tires are not exactly the same height and not inflated to the same PSI, this is going to happen more often than not. If you have the same size rear tires (which is hard to come by if you had open in the rear before...maybe the fronts will be closer in size?) and the same PSI, you'll hear less popping.

Back