• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

messuring for shocks

pecsxj

NAXJA Forum User
I recently over extended both of my front shocks and now need new ones. How do I messure for these?

I have a 6" longarm, bar pin/shock stem eliminators and the old shocks were Bilstein 5150's with 12 inch extension.

If you have a similar set up what do you use?

thanks for the help.

you need limiting strap, not longer shocks

shocks arent made to stop the downtravel, and what you just did is what broke them.

to measure for new shocks, i would say get all shocks out and flex to the MAX and mesure the extended measure and compressed mesure then look for any shock about close to that

I have a 6" long arm. My front shocks are 16" compressed and 27.5" extended. The rears are 25.5" extended. But the rear doesn't droop nearly as much as the front and you could probably use shorter shocks in the rear.

Relocate that shackle and u shaped spring clamps with bolts, to allow those leafs to move. heck on my 3" lift i run 24" extended shocks in rear and use them up.all about balance butterfly lol!

Back