• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric fan / OBA issue

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
Heres the back ground:

this is a 1990 limited,

i recently did the OBA conversion. i tried to rip out as much useless stuff as possible. one of which was the low pressure switch for the a/c. well i have since figured out that this was the connection that made my electric fan work (oops). so to remedy this i ran the 2 wires that went to the low pressure switch to a regular toggle switch. i used it one time on a trail run and it worked fine. did a lil re-wiring of some lights and stuff this weekend and all i did was unplug and move the switch and now i have a blown blower fuse ?

so my questions are. . .

1. did i go about the switch thing the wrong way ?
2. if i did, and should run a straight switch & relay directly to the fan, will this effect anything else in the a/c & fan electrical system ? (by not having a complete loop where the pressure switch used to be)
3. was i correct the way i did it and just had bad luck when i was poking around in there this weekend ?

thanks for any help. just need some piece of mind before i replace that fuse.

Rod (mojo)

FWIW Checking the hanes manual it only shows 97+ diagrams. Looks like it would work if you replace the sensor with a switch.
I wonder if you would have left everything alone and just used the A/C selector switch on the dash to turn on the aux fan would work as well.

i thought that as well. i actually still have the switch. but my fear is that it wont work with no pressure ?

also today was thinking maybe i need to drop the ground from the switch ? since the factory pressure switch is just a 2 wire deal ? could this cause the fuse to blow ?

Back