• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Congrats to NRT for 1st in class at MORE ORAF 500

BajaCurt

NAXJA Forum User
Congrats to Nissley Racing Team for their 1st in class at the race this weekend.
From what I understand Chris (NRT_Chris on here) drove the entire race.
They finished 15 minutes before 2am.
I guess that new light bar worked out pretty well !!!!

Damn! Congrats Chris!
beer.gif

Billy

Congrats Chris!! You ran one hell of a race!

We broke a spindle towards the end of the first lap...it took out all kinds of parts. I'm sure you saw us stuck in the middle of the course when you went by... We got it off the track as fst as we could..which took some doing! It took out a lot of parts with it. We ended up having some one drive to Landers (their Dad lives there) to get an old rusty POS D44 that was laying out next to the shed, and brought it back for the spindle and hub. We just pulled the front axle shaft, and ran 2wd. We also had to redrill the hub for the bigger studs, bleed brakes, repack old wheel bearings, etc.

While we were working on it, a class 10 car (1022 I think) flipped his car. It was about 10 feet in the air, and flew over the back of our chase truck (full size Dodge.) and landed on it's side. Every one stopped working on our car to get these guys out their race car, and made sure they were OK. We got them back on their wheels again, and they took the road back to main. The co-driver has some low-back pain, and hit his elbow on the door bar pretty hard.

We got the car put back together, and got back to racing. We ended up finishing a total of 4 laps, and crossed the finish around 3:10AM after the officials had gone to bed.

All in all, though, it was still a great day of racing!

-Dan

Congrats guys! :cheers:

Back