• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear spring problems

buffalo

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a 4.5" rubicon lift on my 96 xj and installed there leafs instead of a add a leaf and now after two years with most miles on the road I noticed the springs are totaly flat. When off roading or traveling to go off roading I put my 33" spare on the roof rack. Is the weight of tire a problem or what could be the reason of the springs failing. Is there a better spring to use 0r ?

Man that's a bummer. I got my RE leafs in a SF 4.5" kit and I have the opposite problem on my '99. My shakle is verticle and the leafs never sagged and are super stiff. I'm 1.25" higher in back. I just bought shakle relocation brackets from HDR Offroad to fix the problem, then I'll go up in front to level out a little.

Anybody know if you can add a leaf to the stock RE 4.5" pack?

I installed a 4.5" rubicon lift on my 96 xj and installed there leafs instead of a add a leaf and now after two years with most miles on the road I noticed the springs are totaly flat. When off roading or traveling to go off roading I put my 33" spare on the roof rack. Is the weight of tire a problem or what could be the reason of the springs failing. Is there a better spring to use 0r ?

totally flat, as in 4.5" in the front an no lift in the rear?

you should be able to carry a couple hundred pounds without the springs losing there arch.

Back