• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Suggestions

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a 6" FT lift on my XJ. The shocks that I am running at the current moment are Rancho Part # RANRS5112. The application guide for the Rancho's say that they are for a GMC or Chevy Silverado with a Ext Length of 26.250 and Collapsed Length of 16.000. I am looking for a more road worthy shock that is not to expensive. I saw a lot of Rubicon shocks for sale on ebay and craiglist, will they fit? What would you all recomend for someone who is on a budget?

I found a post that had the JK rubicon shocks specs and they are to small for my lift. So any suggestions on shocks that would ride smooth on the road. My problem is the Rancho's that I have now are valved for a full size chevy and not an XJ.

Best for my money. The less money I pay the better.

good shocks will be atleast 75$ and up.

there are probably decent shocks for less but, you get what you pay for with shocks.

it also depends on what you expect from the shocks, whats good for someone might not be good for someone else.

i liked the shocks i got from rustys with my 3" lift but when i replaced them with bistein 5100 i cant beleive i liked the rustys shocks.

kind of like regearing, stock gearing is ok until you regear and wonder why you didnt do it sooner.

sorry i dont have a definite answer, but like anything with the xj, there is good, better, and best.

have you tried searching? cant beleive this topic hasnt come up

pick a price you can afford and find what shocks fit your price range then go from there.

I have a set of Pro Comp ES3000's that are 16" collapsed and 24.5" extended. They have less than 1k miles on them. I'm selling them for only $60 if you're interested. I just finished converting to a long arm setup in the front though and more lift, so I needed longer shocks.

Best for my money. The less money I pay the better.

bilstein 5150s ($100 each), youll probably need 12 or 14" travel ones. but to really get your money's worth out of that FT kit you should be looking into 7100s or fox shocks. if you cant muster the 100 per corner for the 5150s, take the FT LAs off and send them my way plz.

Hey Builder,

I really like the doestch shocks. They seem to have a great reputation. I like the ones that have the option for remote. They dont seem to expensive for what they offer. I am going to need to save for those. I like the fact that they valve the shock to the customer specifications. I would like to have shocks that are valved for the weight of my XJ and my driving habbits.

Thanks.

Back