• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 wagoneer need vacuum diagram

Curtis_H

NAXJA Forum User
I already have the FSM manual, but as many of you may know it is a complete joke, it has about 8 lines all together and you cant see where the hell they go. anyone have a better diagram than this hunk of ass matter?

The Haynes manual has good ones.

thanks for your help guys, i used the link provided in the first response. replaced my intake/exhaust manifold (both had slight cracks) with complete low milage unit from a friend. re-oringed the injectors to be safe, re ran all the vaccuum lines, replaced the fuel pump, and replaced the fuel pump relay. I've honestly never driven a vehicle that runs smoother now, not even my wifes 09 optima......I love it.

where is said fuel pump relay as my jeep is running like crap and ive done filter,pump,regulator and im still only gettin 25PSI at the rail and its bouncy like the pump is surging or something and im running out of ideas and yes new plugs cap rotor and decent wires and they are all gettin spark

where is said fuel pump relay as my jeep is running like crap and ive done filter,pump,regulator and im still only gettin 25PSI at the rail and its bouncy like the pump is surging or something and im running out of ideas and yes new plugs cap rotor and decent wires and they are all gettin spark

what year? on my 89 its the second relay(from front of engine) in the relay center behind the battery.

if its a bad relay, it would click on and off repeatitly(sp?)

if you feel the pump is surging then you need to put a meter on it and see if the voltage is increasing/decreasing.

yea mines an 89

ill give it a try

you might want to also bypass the ceramic ballast resistor on the drivers side fender wall. take the 2 orange wires leading to it and connect them together.

also make sure you didnt wire the pump backwards. i know when i replace the pump on my 89 the + and - terminals of the new pump were on the opposite sides of the original pump. you may have reversed the polarity going into the pump.

Also check the fuel pressure regulator for a diaphragm leak. It is at the front of the fuel rail, and has a vacuum hose attached to it. If the diaphragm goes bad it draws excess raw fuel into the vacuum line. Fuel Pressure should be 39 PSIG (IIRC) with the vacuum line off, and 31 PSIG at idle with vacuum line attached.

Also check the fuel pressure regulator for a diaphragm leak. It is at the front of the fuel rail, and has a vacuum hose attached to it. If the diaphragm goes bad it draws excess raw fuel into the vacuum line. Fuel Pressure should be 39 PSIG (IIRC) with the vacuum line off, and 31 PSIG at idle with vacuum line attached.

i just put a new one in a few days ago and the pressure went up very little so im gunna pull the new pump that i put in cause i thin it may not be strong enough cause new pump+new regulator+fuel filter bypassed im only get 28-30 PSi

i just put a new one in a few days ago and the pressure went up very little so im gunna pull the new pump that i put in cause i thin it may not be strong enough cause new pump+new regulator+fuel filter bypassed im only get 28-30 PSi

the pressure should be 29 with the vacuum line connected and 39 without the vacuum line connected. how are you testing it? vacuum line connected or disconnected?

it a vacuum assited FPR, under heavy load/low vacuum, the fuel pressure increases.

the pressure should be 29 with the vacuum line connected and 39 without the vacuum line connected. how are you testing it? vacuum line connected or disconnected?

it a vacuum assited FPR, under heavy load/low vacuum, the fuel pressure increases.

vaccum line connected yet the problem im having with the numbers is some people say 31-39 psi range other say as high as 49 but either way it seems to be running fine again....i hate how jeeps fix them selves one day its runnin like crap next day its back to normal:confused1

vaccum line connected yet the problem im having with the numbers is some people say 31-39 psi range other say as high as 49 but either way it seems to be running fine again....i hate how jeeps fix them selves one day its runnin like crap next day its back to normal:confused1

Your 87 is 31-39, the higher pressure is on later XJs.

For 87-90 years it is 31-39 PSI!

Back