• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok brain fart

Spanky88

NAXJA Forum User
well i went and did somethin stupid. i welded up my 8.25. :banghead: i was under the jeep yesterday and saw that my passenger side ebrake cable was rubbin on my muffler pretty bad. my question is could i now that my axle is locked remove the pasenger side cable and rely on my drivers side alone?:explosion its just a trailrig and dosnt see the highway.

First of all :twak:

I wouldn't rely on it to slow you down in a straight line in an emergency, but it would probably do ok to keep you from rolling. Maybe it will help with those sharp left turns :laugh3:

It wouldn't be nearly as effective.

You can't just take a cable tie and zip tie the cable to the axle to stop the rubbing?

How about re-routing your exhaust to have it exit right in front of the axle, or out to the pass. side?

Ah...
I couldn't quite figure out what welding the 8.25 had to do with your ebrake, then I realized that you were trying to justify one brain fart, by letting loose another brain fart.

It's your rig, you set it up the way you want, but here's the skinny.
Drum type parking brakes are sad affairs at best. Now instead of re-routing the cable so they work properly, you want to reduce their chincy efforts at holding you still by 1/2. At that rate, you might just as well have nothing and know it, instead of having a 1/2 working brake system you compromised let you down later.

:roll:

-Ron

Last edited:
You didn't weld it like this did you?
cb003184.jpg

Back