• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window wiring

Found a few good power window motors and regulators today so I picked them up.

Now, I am planning on mounting the switches on the dash where the rear wiper and trans "power" switch would go If I had those options.

My question comes down to two things:
Does anyone have a diagram for me to do this? I would assume I need a switch that is grounded, and when thrown one way applies power to raise the window, and when thrown the other way shoots power backwards to lower the window. So that would be a double pole double throw switch?

And, do these draw enough power to justify a relay, or will a fused circuit work fine?

David

I just ran into that instructable myself. Where did you find a decent looking switch? All the ones I can find are not first class choices for the interior?

i think I worked around how to do it with 2 push button momentary switches like I wanted to. I did not realize that the switch should be automatically grounded when it is released, solving the problem. Until I knew that I could not figure out how to complete the circuit. Now I just have to wait till radio shack opens back up.

Back