• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0L fuel pressure regulator oem/aftermarket

ok so after some problems where i was left stranded i finally was able to work on it at my place today and narrowed a possibility of my rough running condition down to my fuel pressure regulator after testing it and topping out at 22PSI (btw my fuel pump is 2days old as that was my first thought as to what was dead and the filter is a few months old and i pulled it and blew through it and it seems clear)
anyway onto my problem i picked up a regulator from the local parts store and didnt think to much of it till i got home and they are closed for the night but heres pics to better explain my problem

OEM regulator-factory braket outlined in red
DSCN2088Medium.jpg

OEM regulator has one of those stupid "not so" quick disconnect ends on it
DSCN2090.jpg

now heres the problem the after market one does not have said bracket and that worries me as there no real support other than the spout into the fuel rail and it seems as though it will cause un-needed wear on the O-ring

it also seems i will have to cut the fuel line and replace the fuel line connector with fuel line and hose clamps....doesnt really bother me that much as i hate those stupid connectors and the little ear tab ends have brocken off(go figure 20yr old plastic subjected to heat changes wont last)

heres pics of the new one
DSCN2091.jpg

DSCN2094.jpg

now the question is for those that have replaced their regulator with a non OEM part and have you had any problems with the lack of bracket support?

Back