• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Face Lift

X1994J

NAXJA Forum User
I haven't posted too much on here, I mainly poke around and try to edumacate myself some. Thought i'd share my late model front clip conversion I recently did on my 94. Picked up a used header panel, grille, and turn signals for 40.00 off a rolled cherokee. The header panel needed some work from the roll over. Picked up two fenders for 97 + Cherokee for 70.00. I do quite a bit of paint work so 25.00 for a quart of paint and I had the rest of the material at my disposal.

Tear down...
copyof0415092037a.jpg

Header Panel needing repair...
copyof0415092037.jpg

Fixed...
0416091622.jpg

Prepped and primed...
0416091938.jpg

Painting...
0417090959.jpg

0417091121.jpg

0417091251.jpg

DONE....
0418090806.jpg

Before...

After...
0418090806.jpg
0418091154.jpg

What do you guys think??? Not bad? :cheers:

Last edited:
Where did you get that hood? Body shop build it or was it off the shelf with the cowl induction? Looks sick.

Thanks guys. I found the hood on a local 4x4 website for sale, it was used and he only wanted 20 bucks. The hood was bright yellow and had a few chips, I repaired the hood and painted it to match. It is a full fiberglass cowl hood, pin on style of course (no hood hinges or hood latch) Sometimes it gets annoying popping the hood off for a simple gallon of washer fluid, but the majority of the time I like it. Like when I'm working on it and there's no hood in the way, and I'll be honest, sometimes it just feels cool to be able to yank your hood off in a matter of seconds. :)

It also lets a massive amount of heat out from under the hood, between the hood and the 3 core radiator, and I can wheel all day in Moab with the windows up and th A/C blasting and never worry about over-heating. This helps keep the wife happy.:clap:

I also ditched the molding with the RED pin stipe in them, the Aqua color is bad enough without a red stripe down the side. I re-painted the rocker panels with a semi-gloss black. Looks MUCH better this way i think. Here s couple pics of how it turned out...
0524090723.jpg

0524090723a.jpg

Its just fold down instead of swing out. Easier and cheaper to make. I think its custom as I have never seen that advertised anywhere.

Ever have any problems with the license plate being obscured? My brother and I got pulled over because of the trailer ball on his bumper obscuring the plate...

What'd you do for a license plate light? I just moved my plate after installing a tire carrier bumper and am going through different possibilities in my head for a license plate light. :)

What'd you do for a license plate light? I just moved my plate after installing a tire carrier bumper and am going through different possibilities in my head for a license plate light. :)

I just bought a $3 light from AutoZone, drilled the mounting holes and another hole for the wires and tapped into the existing light. Mounted driverside of lift gate. Easy stuff.

Sounds like a plan. I don't drive it much at night, but don't want to give anyone an easy excuse to pull me over...

Back