• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99-01 T-Case Skid on a '98

fool4wheelin

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I found a Transfer Case Skid for the NP231 thats supposoldy fits 99-01 XJ's. I'm sure it will fit on my '98, anyone ran accross this before?

82205147 is the one I found.

82200616 is the one my '98 parts book calls for.

Early Cherokees had two different Tcase skid plate designs, one for the NP231 and one that had clearance for the slightly larger NP242. Eventually Chrysler just installed the NP242 Tcase skid for either Tcase. It is simple enough to just hold the Tcase skid in place and see if it clears the T-case.

You wouldn't still have record of the part number, would you?

If you find a stock T-case skid at the junkyard for $10 or less, buy it. Otherwise, get an aftermarket Tcase skid that will be stronger, and cover more of the Tcase. Rusty's, Warn, Skidrow, and others all are better alternatives.

Parts came in today. The install was very easy, perfect fit on my '98 XJ. It came with (3) Rivet/Nuts that pop into the frame rail and the T-Case Crossmember and squish down. They even supplied the tool (a bolt and special spacer).

$31.50 from www.justforjeeps.com + shipping. P/N 82205147.

Back