• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater hose after closed to open conversion.

4wdParakeet

NAXJA Forum User
I did the closed to open conversion last spring and when it was hot I had someover heating issues that the temp fix was to run a 160* stat in the summer and a 195* in the winter. The temp always droped when I turned the heat on and I was broke last summer so I never did get it properly fixed.

Now I'm finishing up installing my stroker and got to looking at the heater hoses from the heater control valve and the waterpump. As it sits right now it's hooked up just like I had it before the motor gave up the ghost.

IMAGE_294.jpg

You can't see it with the upper radiator but the hoses cross under it. So the heater hose on the left side goes to the outlet on the thermostat housing. The heater hose on the right side goes the the waterpump tube.

Is it possible that I've gotten those hoses switched and could be contributing to the overheating in the summer. Or was it more than likely a tired old motor.

Thanks for the help.

Parakeet

ya mine were switched and made it overheat like no business. switch em let em run, over heats? not the problem then

The motor isn't quite running yet and I am a little worried about it overheating when I do the cam break-in. I will have the aux. fan wired to a switch when I get to that point so I should be okay.

Parakeet

Back