• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Sentinel" lights fuse?

AL BUNDY

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know which fuse controls the "Sentinel" option that keeps your headlights on for about 30 seconds if you turn off the engine before you turn off your headlights? Mine is not working and the headlights will just stay on forever. Thanks.

It may be the daytime running light controller... They can go bad and leave your headlights on all the time.

Do your lights stay on only if you 'trip' the Sentinel feature? (ie: leave the lights on and shut it off) Or do your lights stay on period?

:)

I have a 1990. No DRL.
The headlights only stay on if I turn off the engine first, before I turn off the headlights. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that is the only way they are supposed to work. You shut the engine off first, which triggers the headlight delay.

Oh sorry, I read your first post, then I read your second post and that pushed your first one out of my mind.

I got mixed up, and was saying that that is how they are supposed to be triggered. I haven't had any problems with them not going out.

What year is your Jeep?

I have a FSM for a 1992 Xj, and it says the headlamp delay module is attached to the inside of the instrument panel to the right of the headlamp switch.

The instructions to remove it are as follows...

1) Remove lower instrument panel.
2) Remove screw that attaches the module to the inside of the instrument panel.
3) Disconnect the wire harness connector from the module, and remove the module from the instrument panel.

There's no piccies for it, and that's all the info I could find. There is a diagnostic procedure for it, if the fuse is good and you still have the problem.

What year is your Jeep?

I have a FSM for a 1992 Xj, and it says the headlamp delay module is attached to the inside of the instrument panel to the right of the headlamp switch.

The instructions to remove it are as follows...

1) Remove lower instrument panel.
2) Remove screw that attaches the module to the inside of the instrument panel.
3) Disconnect the wire harness connector from the module, and remove the module from the instrument panel.

There's no piccies for it, and that's all the info I could find. There is a diagnostic procedure for it, if the fuse is good and you still have the problem.

Back