• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Silla all aluminum radiator from Genesis

88 Wagonman

NAXJA Forum User
After reading through many threads about radiators, I decided to order a silla all aluminum radiator. The only thing bad that was said about them was the possible shipping damage to the fill neck where the cap attaches. I decided to take my chances and order. Well surprise surprise, it was damaged. I refused the shipment and called the company. They said I would see a new one in a couple of days, but it didn't show up for another 5 days. When I finally did get the new one it was also damaged. I called the company asking for my money back and they said they would get started on the paperwork. I then recieved an e-mail the next day telling me how to send it back. I e-mailed them back telling them of their mistake and they wrote back saying they would work on the refund when they get time.

The purpose of this thread is not to bash on a company, but rather to provide information to someone searching this forum for radiator advice. I just don't want anyone to get screwed.

Last edited:
Why don't they put some kind of protection in the packing?

That's what me and the two Fed-Ex guys said. Spend 2 cents on some foam and have far less returns. Maybe they are counting on the fact that you will have it installed and filled with coolant before you notice, and by that time you might as well bend it back yourself.

The ones from Radiator Barn are often bent when they arrive as well. A call to them get the instruction "Bend it back and it will be fine" and they are correct. Theirs is not aluminum so I am unsure if the same applies but if I wanted an all aluminum radiator I would try to reshape the bent neck.

The ones from Radiator Barn are often bent when they arrive as well. A call to them get the instruction "Bend it back and it will be fine" and they are correct. Theirs is not aluminum so I am unsure if the same applies but if I wanted an all aluminum radiator I would try to reshape the bent neck.

IMO that's why these companies are getting away with it. When you don't bitch about a part and let the company know that it's unacceptable
then it becomes an acceptable practice. The same holds true for parts that don't fit properly and need some slight modification to fit.

I just got my heavy duty radiator from advance when I needed one a few years ago. It was an all metal 3 core. The company that packs theirs (vistion I thought) Puts the thing in a box that is slightly too big, and effectively puts two trash bags on either side and fills them with liquid foam. In 4 years of working there I do not think I ever saw a defective one.

Back