• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upper shock bolt?

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
OK so i have a broken upper shock bolt in the rear...........I know BIG surprise! :D Well anyways I am going to change out my rear shocks this weekend and was wondering if anyone knew what size bolt i should replace them with. I am going to chisel them out and run a bolt through the top and i am going to use my ole rear sway mounts as BPE's.

I would use 3/8" bolts.

When those in my XJ broke, I drilled and tapped them to the next size up and used larger bolts to secure them in the same place they were before. Others have used BPE's and regular bolts and nuts through the floor.

I would use 3/8" bolts.

When those in my XJ broke, I drilled and tapped them to the next size up and used larger bolts to secure them in the same place they were before. Others have used BPE's and regular bolts and nuts through the floor.

Cool thanks there is a way around cutting through the floor. My hands are just small enough to get up in there but if you tape the bolt to a wrench you can fish it in there without cutting the floor. Mine is rust free as far as I know so i'm not running the risk of it starting to rust!

I cut up a couple of pieces of flat plate, drilled & tapped for studs, and welded those in place.

I cut up a couple of pieces of flat plate, drilled & tapped for studs, and welded those in place.
Oh thats a good idea! I want to have them on before the trail clean up though so i don't have the time to do it since my dad is going to the track this weekend and he could easily do that for me. Maybe i'll do that when i switch to OME's.:thumbup::thumbup:

Back