• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeled without doors and my jeep bent in half

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
just kidding, I just thought I'd post up, I have been wheeling (hard) for a few months without doors and with half doors, and I put my normal doors back on just yesterday and there is no difference in fit or function ,all my lines are still perfect. poo on the naysayers.

just kidding, I just thought I'd post up, I have been wheeling (hard) for a few months without doors and with half doors, and I put my normal doors back on just yesterday and there is no difference in fit or function ,all my lines are still perfect. poo on the naysayers.

Nice to hear. I should be getting a second XJ soon. not sure of the year yet but its a 2dr. Its getting the removable door mod first thing. I don't want to take the doors off of my 97 since its still gonna be my primary vehicle.

I took my doors off once.

Now my jeep looks like this:
dsc_0193.jpg

Taking your doors off, is the first step towards building a buggy. I highly recomend against it.

I had a 95 2-door I wheeled really hard (both with and without doors) and when I finally decided it had all it could take, there was a visible bend in the body. I used no frame stiffeners and no sliders and there was not a straight body panel on the whole rig. The B-pillars on both sides were tearing the spot welds apart.

I'm not saying it will fold like a taco, but in did bend.

I had a 95 2-door I wheeled really hard (both with and without doors) and when I finally decided it had all it could take, there was a visible bend in the body. I used no frame stiffeners and no sliders and there was not a straight body panel on the whole rig. The B-pillars on both sides were tearing the spot welds apart.

I'm not saying it will fold like a taco, but in did bend.

So it bent like a soft taco! :D :dunno:

I did fail to mention I have the hd frame stiffeners,ooops.

Yeah i figured you did. I need to give brian and adam a call when i get the extra monies! :D

Did you fab your own or buy a set of frame stiffeners?
Pics would be great.
For those that run with and without do you have some kind of pin system to make removal easy?
Did you use a quick connect wire set up like the new JK for door wires?
Thanx for the info!
Stukboy

Did you fab your own or buy a set of frame stiffeners?
Pics would be great.
For those that run with and without do you have some kind of pin system to make removal easy?
Did you use a quick connect wire set up like the new JK for door wires?
Thanx for the info!
Stukboy

Search doorless mod the info may boggle your mind! :D no but seriously there is a ton of info on it.

I should be getting a second XJ soon. not sure of the year yet but its a 2dr. Its getting the removable door mod first thing.

A two door nice choice Flex! Going Doorless even better .

Nick

Back