• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fixable ?

not good...

hard to tell from pics but make sure the door s close and check all the seems to see if anything has shifted from the wreck for that price it might be worth it if the unibody isnt shot but these arent known to be the strongest frames out there i would ask someone to go with you that knows something about auto body and whatnot and also remember that you will probably be puting probably $1000-$1500 in this to get it back to normal depending on the damage toll IMHO i would keep looking unless you are lookingf for a pretty big project

If it runs and drives for $500 Id buy it.....
Likewise, there really isnt such thing as a "frame" so you can always use the sawzall to help in the repair, but like others have said need some better pictures, and a closer look.

It looks about like the Jeep my engine came out of, which was classified as a total loss. As said, it will cost a ton to repair, and will probably never be 100%.

with a complete same year donor truck it shouldnt be hard..... plus you could sell what was left and get your money back out of it.

Your current rig a DD or trail rig ?

Two doors are way cool. At least go and look at it, the actual damage to the frame may be little to none. The rest is of the stuff, including the front crossmember is easy to fix.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

it's my DD but my parents won't mind me using their vehicle for a day or two. I am for sure going to look at it, and even if the front is a little off, i don't care. If it's too far gone, then I can use to rear end, power steering pump, little interior screws, and convert it to a 5 speed.

I'd buy it and evaluate it. If it looks like more work than you expected just part it out. That Jeep should bring about $5000 profit to you over the next 3 months just by selling parts.

I'd buy it and evaluate it. If it looks like more work than you expected just part it out. That Jeep should bring about $5000 profit to you over the next 3 months just by selling parts.

The Jeep would bring profit if he were to part it out, but it wouldn't bring near $5,000 profit.

$5,000 profit :shocked: I'm gonna start picking up some parts jeeps!!!

LOL he doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyways, I went and took a look at it. The jeep will NEVER be drivable again, the front cross member took out the crank pully which is jammed into the block, the drivers side "frame" rail and steering box were toast, and the frame was ripped where it wrinkled. I then tried to talk him down in price, because now it's just for the parts I want and he wouldn't budge so I said no thanks. It has heated mirrors, cruise, a clean hatch, and a nice rear end which is still i want/need but not for $500.

LOL he doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyways, I went and took a look at it. The jeep will NEVER be drivable again, the front cross member took out the crank pully which is jammed into the block, the drivers side "frame" rail and steering box were toast, and the frame was ripped where it wrinkled. I then tried to talk him down in price, because now it's just for the parts I want and he wouldn't budge so I said no thanks. It has heated mirrors, cruise, a clean hatch, and a nice rear end which is still i want/need but not for $500.

Still worth $500 if its just pulley damage on the engine... See 4.0 engines for sale for $400-500 and trans for $200-300 transfer cases $100-200 around here all the time.... you wouldnt loose money on it parting it out and still get the parts you wanted.

Two doors are way cool. At least go and look at it, the actual damage to the frame may be little to none. The rest is of the stuff, including the front crossmember is easy to fix.

standard.jpg

God that looks familiar...

n36618587_34872175_3714.jpg

As for if it's worth it...hard to say with out better pictures, as everyone else said. There appears to be a decent amount of damage below the bumper, which increases the probability of the Unibody being severely damaged. Know any more specs on the Jeep?

Back