• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why are my feet so damn hot?

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I recently replanced my 4.0 since the head cracked which eventually damaged my engine. I also replaced the radiator with the HD 3 layer radiator from CSF and I replaced the waterpump with a high flow and the thermostat with a 180. Now everytime the engine gets up to normal operating temp my feet get really hot. I am not sure which change I made that is causing this. Any suggestions or personal experiences with this issue? I can't feel any hot air blowing. It's simply hot everywhere down by my feet.

well, the exhaust manifold/downpipe is near your feet. maybe the engine is running lean or the cat convertor could be clogged

I doubt the cat converter is clogged since it didn't do it before the engine swap, but I will definately look into it running lean. I also may go back to the OEM 195 thermostat. I think that the 180 is just pegged open when I drive home from work everyday, which is a 5,000 foot elevation climb. It really only seems to burn out my feet when I make the climb up the mountain. The temp reads 210 and never above but something just doesn't seem right.

That 180 thermostat is going to cause a rich condition.

don't drive with bare feet!!! Sorry I know no help there, but having one of those days. lol I second putting the stock temp thermostat back in the. The 180 could make it stay rich as stated above.

I have a work meeting tonight, but when I get home after work tomorrow I am going to switch back to the 195. I will keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Do you have carpet in? I have carpet and a sound deadening material and then herculiner and the carpet does get warm...

I even wrapped most of my down pipe and exhaust to cat with heat wrap and it still gets warm!

Back