• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best place to buy from....zj steering?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I know GERR was the man to get the zj steering from but it seems that he has experienced a run of "bad business"
Where else can I get a good deal on new zj steering?
I try to shy away from local parts house brands but autozone has a good price on the duralast brand steering parts for the zj...anyone have any experience with that brand?I look at it this way:Life time warranty and I'll be carrying a spare just incase.......

Are you talkin tie rods and draglink or steering box or ??

tie rods and drag link just goto the junkyard and find some good looking ones. They are cheap and i havent had any issues with mine at all. Just dont damage them when your taking them off and youll be good. Picked mine up for under 20 bucks with spairs for each. Or i could have gotten the brand new ones all together for, i think they wanted like 150 total at the store. Even if one does fail, the cost vs relibality is worth it. Chances are youll find damn near brand new one in teh yard anyway :) Good luck!

Oh and if you do want brand new Schucks/O'Reilly havent let me down ;)

got mine at napa, so far so good after 3 years. the napa parts were moog parts.

i wouldnt buy anything labeled duralast. should be called dontlast, but it gets you back in the store to buy something else when you use the lifetime warranty.

You can PM Clean-RC. He might be able to help you out. Hes a Crown Automotive dealer.

got mine at napa, so far so good after 3 years. the napa parts were moog parts.

i wouldnt buy anything labeled duralast. should be called dontlast, but it gets you back in the store to buy something else when you use the lifetime warranty.

how much did the moog parts cost ya?

I got my Moog ZJ steering components from Amazon. Even cheaper than Rockauto when you factor in Amazon's free shipping.

Last edited:
double post

Last edited:
Locally here they were $80-120 new...... pullapart. $12...just be careful not to tear the boots. Keep your original for a emergency spare.

I have a zj setup from the junk yard on there now but it was brought to my attention by my alignment guy that it has play.....
Decided to go with the crown heavy duty steering upgrade.Cost like $180,should be good.
Thanks for the replies....

I have a zj setup from the junk yard on there now but it was brought to my attention by my alignment guy that it has play.....
Decided to go with the crown heavy duty steering upgrade.Cost like $180,should be good.
Thanks for the replies....

what is the crown heavy duty upgrade? do you have a link?

what part had play? some parts are replaceable and you dont need to buy a whole setup.

the outer TRE on the tierod is replaceable but the inner tre is part of the tierod.

I am kind of disappointed with the quality of the crown setup.The tre boots have already torn and I havent even hit the trail yet.Good thing I had some poly boots lying around.....

I had to hang up on rompalicious.com because the lady kept trying to get me to give her some kind of password to a login or something.Not to mention It literally took five minuets for her to take my address due to the language barrier.

Back