• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Center "hump" getting HOT

Hubbazoot

NAXJA Forum User
My center "hump" in between the driver and passenger's seat is getting really hot after the engine's been running for a while. It gets to the point it's too hot to really touch. It's a lot warmer near the front passenger's side than the driver's side. Any explanation for the source of the heat? Initially I was thinking tranny, but it's fine on oil and I can't think of why everything would be getting too hot to touch on that side. Could it maybe be from my exhaust damage on my last trip? Either the manifold took some damage or the line not being as free as it should be is making it retain heat?

Could be normal.. My floor above the muffler gets hot enough you don't want to leave your hand there long.

If you have kinked and /or damaged your exhaust ,then you may have a problem..

Good Luck

Nick

I have the same issue on long trips especially in the summer time, it feels like heat is on, I dont think its abnormal.

what, you dont like a HOT hump. i seem to prefer a hot hump over a cold dead fish hump.

but anyways, the source of heat could be any of the following: engine, trans, exhaust or the overheating gnomes

mine dont get that hot. I certainly dont notice it. Could he be lacking/damaged a heat shield?

Get under there and have a look.
Crush anything anywhere along the way is bad.
heat shild gone?
Cat or muffler or any pipe to close to body?
Hole in system blowing onto body?
Very last thing engine running rich?

Back