• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac loc lsd experts!

builder

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i have a d35 with a factory lsd, 180,000 miles.rarely driven offroad till i got it. the lsd works,turn one wheel and both turn same direction. i am gettin a little noise when turning corners. thinkin this may be the source. pulled cover gears all look good.no play in pinion or axles, exception axles slide in and out just a bit with tires off, but it's a C clip axle. what lsd additive is best!

It sounds like the clutches are at the end of their life. Fortunately, they are cheap.

I just use the stuff from the Ford dealer.
You could also buy Lakewood branded diff lube with it already added.

-Ron

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately i know nothing about gears and such. will try the additive and see what happens.both wheels are turning same direction and it seems to hook up offroad. jeep was passed down within a family before i bought it. they never offroaded it. lived in fountain valley!

Ok took diff cover off and spun tire, watching gears, if i move it forward and stop and go backwars theres a little slop between the i guess spiders and the little gears that that are attached to the shaft that runs through the carrier. but all the gears look to be in great shape. no metal in diff.

Back