• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vinyl flooring question

I bought a vinyl kit about 2 years ago through Quadratech that was supposed to fit the front of an XJ.

It was a royal PITA to install. None of it really fit, there were no holes for anything, and it was really hard to handle. You were supposed to use your stock carpet as a guide, but I havent had the stock carpet in years so I had no template.

Why do you want the vinyl? Would Herculiner work? Or do Herc and keep the stock carpet? I wish I had done the second option for the front of my Jeep. The back has been fine with just being lined with Herculiner.

I replaced the stock rubber carpet in my '80 F150 with JC Whitney stuff.

New, it smells for weeks. It was molded and still didn't fit well. It immediately gets dirt trapped in the grain and looks grayed out and unwashed forever - even after a trip to the car wash.

It's very durable, water proof, doesn't grow mildew, and can be hosed out at the car wash or home. But F150s have flush sills that drain water - XJ's don't.

Cherokees DID come with it from the factory on police and utility models. I missed getting a complete set because the yards in my area started crushing out wrecks faster than scrappers during WWII. Like the flea market or Army surplus, when you see it - get it.

On a sport or econo version, with low line door panels, it looks ok. In a Laredo, I'd think twice. Carpets aren't much more.

Back