• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Bars.

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
I have been running my sway bar lately and I really dig the way it handles now. With my stock sway bar I can throw the back end sideways on pavement and in the dirt it is point and shoot. I really like this control but I would like to do an anti-rock style sway bar. Now I like the anti-rock but since no job means not much money I would like to try and explore other options...

I have been thinking about trying a universal sway bar from a circle track or other similar source. Im not sure what they run but I have heard they are much cheaper then the anti-rock. http://www.1speedway.com/Swaybars.htm

I was curious doeas anybody have any experience in this sort of thing?

Can you still wheel with a setup like the anti-rock?

Any idea on what rate I would look for?

I really doubt anybody will tell me much more then to just buy an anti-rock but hey its sunday and im bored so its worth a shot.

the Anti-Rock is an excellent piece of hardware, and yes you can wheel with it connected, they are made to remain connected all the time. look at any monster truck, gravedigger and the like, even those trucks run a similar setup. there have been a few that have made thier own anti-rock type setups, on here and other sites, and i believe there is a sort of "build it yourself" antirock kit available from somewhere... but i cant remember the site right now.

once my cage goes in i'll be going with the antirock setup, until then, its no swaybar for me, my XJ doesnt see much pavement these days.

the Anti-Rock is an excellent piece of hardware, and yes you can wheel with it connected, they are made to remain connected all the time. look at any monster truck, gravedigger and the like, even those trucks run a similar setup. there have been a few that have made thier own anti-rock type setups, on here and other sites, and i believe there is a sort of "build it yourself" antirock kit available from somewhere... but i cant remember the site right now.

x2, I run the Anit-rock and it does great on and off -road.

I say go for the speedway bars. Plenty of guys over on other go fast websites run speedway bars, it's just a matter of picking which ones. You can save about $100 or more doing it yourself. I think bryson on here put one on his rig, check out the advanced fab section on his build.

i was thinking {out side the box} of using vw type 3 square back sway bar. its as wide as a vw beam one piece! and splined if i grabbed the torsion bar and repsective arms (if i can find it) i can fab a sway bar similar to the anti rock setup for alot less!
-chad

What about a torsion bar out a full size truck,mabye you could find one in a JY.

See this is why I started this thread. The economy sucks and some of us need to start beeing cheap asses and make stuff work for cheaper then most guys will sell it.

not an expert in this by any means, but i just had an idea regarding the torsion bars. they are only designed to twist one way for the majority of their action, but you could make a pretty cool setup if you ran 2 torsion bars from like a toyota maybe parallel with the axle, with an arm on each end. if you were able to retain the stock adjusters on the bars you would then have an adjustability from side to side, right?

This should be an interesting thread if it progresses into followed through research. I've been dreading the $400 anti rock purchase for years and have alway's thought about a cheaper alternative. I think it may ultimately come down to trial and error with our specific dimensions. We may wan't to think about contacting a CORR guy or other trophy truck builders and ask how they aquired their's with their subject dimensions and the cost. Although theirs are twice the size of ours so maybe it will be twice as less.

This should be an interesting thread if it progresses into followed through research. I've been dreading the $400 anti rock purchase for years and have alway's thought about a cheaper alternative. I think it may ultimately come down to trial and error with our specific dimensions. We may wan't to think about contacting a CORR guy or other trophy truck builders and ask how they aquired their's with their subject dimensions and the cost. Although theirs are twice the size of ours so maybe it will be twice as less.

A buddy of mine is building linked ranger and Im pretty sure he said he got his sway bar from Sway-away or giant. I will give him a call when my toyota gets ready to run because he always gives me so much crap about it not being done yet lol.

Back