• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PDX Convoy

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It's time to start planning.

When is everyone leaving?

Personally, I was thinking on leaving Wednesday the 24th. The drive up last year on US97 was nice, but this year I kind of want to check out Chinook pass by going up I5 (or save it for the return trip).

Thoughts?

I was thinking Wednesday the 24th as well Dustin. As far as routes go, as long as there aren't any long steep hills the I'm fine with Chinook Pass. I'll be dragging the trailer again with the Jeep, so I'd rather go down the long hills than up them.

IMG_0883.jpg

I would like to plan to convoy with some of you.. i'll be two rigs, might be towing the xj but thats undecided. Wouldnt mind rollin with atleast a few folks, as i have never been there.

Chinook Pass is a VERY long steep pass. Coming from the West side it's very slow, twisty, etc, most of it is done at 35mph or so. Headed back East it's a very long steep uphill section.

leaving wednesday also. i would prefer the same route as last year. shooting for a 6am-7am ish departure time

just praying for somthing cooler than 130* outside

Ken, I forgot about the trailer. Chinook pass would probably be a poor choice. We can certainly stick to 97 again this year.

Wednesday sounds good to me. We can figure out a departure time and meeting spot as it draws nearer.

I will for sure be taking I5 north to Chinook Pass, the scenary and views were well worth it and made the drive seem shorter. If you are geared correctly and not towing your fine. I will head out Wednesday as well.

I would like to leave on Tuesday so I can beat hillbilly rednecks there. Wednesday works fine too, preferably on the early side since it's a long mofo of a drive.

Damn RC you're fast on the draw. The only bad thing about all this is my hunting trailer going bye-bye. That would have been a sight to see that 12" lifted turd ball rolling down the highway. I do miss it.

I'm taking a 6 by 8foot open top trailer with 3 foot side.

If you guys need help bring something
I'm throwing my superswampers in there so I have a less crap ride all the way there.

I'd say we follow the same schedule as last year. Meet up at the round table at 7am, and then meet up with Dustin at about 730. I'll be packing a bit of fire wood in the trailer as well. I wish I was loaded up with more raffle prizes.

Anyone leaving thursday? I will be leading a convoy of 2 up that way. We are looking at heading out of beaverton around 7ish. Maybe earlier, but I doubt it. Me and a TJ.

Back