• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water Leaking out of the Frame Rail

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting water dripping down through holes in the subframe rail on the passenger side behind the front tire. My coolant is bright green (flushed recently), and this has NO evidence of of coolant in it.

I suspect it is condensation from the AC. I had taken the Jeep out earlier, and ran the AC. I'm just alarmed by the size of the puddle (a foot wide by 2 foot long), and that with the idea of water running through my frame rails.

Is this normal? Does the AC have a drain tube that runs down through that area?

mine does the same and i have no issues so i think its normal. Youll see a hose that comes out the firewall and bends downwards, that hose sits above a hole in the upper part of the framerail. Water drips inside then flows down towards the rear before escaping through a different hole in the framerail. Because of potential rust issues, right or wrong? I blocked that hole so water doesnt get into the frame, but drips over the side.

I'm getting water dripping down through holes in the subframe rail on the passenger side behind the front tire. My coolant is bright green (flushed recently), and this has NO evidence of of coolant in it.

I suspect it is condensation from the AC. I had taken the Jeep out earlier, and ran the AC. I'm just alarmed by the size of the puddle (a foot wide by 2 foot long), and that with the idea of water running through my frame rails.

Is this normal? Does the AC have a drain tube that runs down through that area?
yes, a/c drain is right there.

mine does the same and i have no issues so i think its normal. Youll see a hose that comes out the firewall and bends downwards, that hose sits above a hole in the upper part of the framerail. Water drips inside then flows down towards the rear before escaping through a different hole in the framerail. Because of potential rust issues, right or wrong? I blocked that hole so water doesnt get into the frame, but drips over the side.

Thanks, I think I want to re-route my drain so I don't end up with a rotten frame rail.

regarding the size of the puddle, again its the same as mine i guess if i left it for say ten mins. Which is alot of water i agree, but i aint concerned so long as its working continuously when i want it too. And i have no icing over.

i dont know how robust that hose is, or if its connected to anything fragile on the firewall side. I read about someone just twisting it abit so that the drips fall just wide of that hole, but like i said i dont know if it should be treated carefully.

Back