• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignore my frontseal leak

wim hoppenbrouwers

NAXJA Forum User
Hallo Jeepers.. Yes ,after I renewed my left U-joint on the Dana 30 there is a leak. I was so careful not damage the innerseal of the diff but...
It can be diff fluid from the overfill, when I removed the axle and is leaking only from the tube a few weeks. My Q. is ,what happens when I ignore these problems..LOL.
Will the leak stop? Is there still fluid enough inside the diff ,when it stops leaking?
The problem is that I go on trail in France next week. No time and money for a repair at this moment. :rattle:

'92 XJ

Maybe its just residual draining out from when the shaft was pulled. How bad? x2 on checking the level closely.

PS Watch out for those French women.

Maybe its just residual draining out from when the shaft was pulled. How bad? x2 on checking the level closely.

PS Watch out for those French women.

Hallo. Do you have also a leak? (quote:x2 on checking the level closely.)
Is there always enough diff oil present without getting any damage, when you ignore the leak?

p.s My wife is going with me and she is watching.:eyes:

'92 XJ

Mine's been leaking for awhile, I check it every few months and add maybe a cup of 90 wt. It looks like a lot of fluid as it stains your driveway, but it's not as bad as it seems. That said, there's a great write-up in the FAQ section about how to replace the seals. I'll be doing that sometime soon.

mine leaks from the same place. If i clean it up, wipe it down and then drive maybe 500 miles over a week period, its only then is it at the point that its leaked all the way down enough to start dripping from the bottom of the diff. Somehow my level hasnt really budged from full in the couple of months its been leaking!! I guess ive covered 3000 miles since then but yours maybe leaking worse than mine. Id take a spare bottle perhaps. Oh and your wife causes an issue! I thought you guys were so liberal!

Back