• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to

azxj95

NAXJA Forum User
I have a full size front Dana 44 i need to know how you find out where to place your spring buckets and lcrb. Like where do you take your measurments from to find out where they go on the tube how faraway from the center sec and how far from the inner c any help would be great dont know if it matters but i just put the tnt truss on it thanks for you help

dimensionally i would assume that you want your bracketry to be in the same positions as on the D30... do you have one of those lying around or a buddy with one on a vehicle that you can measure?

I can do that but where do you start from the 44 is bigger in every way i thought about it lastnight could i mesure off the center of the yoke on the 30 to the spring buckets take that mesurment and transfur it to the 44

I have a full size front Dana 44 i need to know how you find out where to place your spring buckets and lcrb. Like where do you take your measurments from to find out where they go on the tube how faraway from the center sec and how far from the inner c any help would be great dont know if it matters but i just put the tnt truss on it thanks for you help

Measure from the center of the ball joint on each end and find the center of the axle. Mark the center of each axle, then take your measurements from there. Since the new axle is full width, measureing from the inner C's won't work. Measure to the center of the coil spring pads, the inside edge of the LCA brackets, etc. Then rotate the axle and set your caster angle at the ball joints to 5* positive, (upper ball joint agled back toward the rear by 5 degrees). Then you can position your coil mounts use a level on the spring pads. Some people like to set them leaning back a few degrees. How you set your upper control arm brackets depends on which bracket kit you bought, but basically everything should be measured from the center of the axle to match stock dimensions.

Wow thanks never thought of it that way thats going to be a big help iv been racking trying to figur out how to do it thanks again

Back