• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Price is Right?

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys I am just wondering if its worth going to the US to buy my stuff, I am planning a road trip down to the States and was wondering if I should get my gear here (Ontario) or pick them up while I am on my way...

So if you can post a few quotes for me that will be great!

Its for a 1997 XJ:

I need the prices for a:

1 Snorkel
2 RE Super Ride Kit 3.5" with aal

Post up what they go for in your local area and where u are from!

thanks

Jeff

Okay I will be going through these states:

MICHIGAN
ILLINOS
INDIANA
WISCONSIN
MINNESOTA
NORTH DAKOTA

These are the States that I will be drivig (wheeling) through!

Any suggestions will be great thanks!

Jeff

I am going to the Arctic (NWT) and have to drive through the US. I was thinking about doing up my XJ along the way???? maybe stop in & visit fellow NAXJA members and do a mod from each state? you know do it on the road mods......uhmmm I just thought of something.....

lol Anyways if its cheaper to get these parts in the US I would do it that way, let me know !

Thanks a bunch eh!

Jeff

Lou said:
There IS a short-cut.

ahaha I checked it out, its way shorter by atleast one day to go through the US, Living in Hamilton I would have to drive so far North to just get over the great lakes, it would take over a day and a half to get out of Ontario!

Jeff

Hey fellow Canadian! Ontarian! I think as long as you're installing the parts on the road BEFORE you come back you would be laughin'. Bringing the parts home with you would negate any savings you might make. I wish I were you! Sounds like an awesome trip. Good luck from London!

Keep in mind if this trip is going to be after January 1st your giong to need a passport to get in, and out of the Canada. At least for us anyway I am just assuming it will be the same for you. Anyway the best thing for you to do is call around shops here, shops there, and check what to see what it's going to be to bring them back. Not to many places will ship out of the continuous 48 here. IIRC 4Wheel Parts & Performance has a store in Canada.

tkjeeper said:
Hey fellow Canadian! Ontarian! I think as long as you're installing the parts on the road BEFORE you come back you would be laughin'. Bringing the parts home with you would negate any savings you might make. I wish I were you! Sounds like an awesome trip. Good luck from London!

I know, if I do this ride it mean that I will be moving up to the NWT! I will try my best, if not I will pay, maybe they will let me go since I am moving up there and will tell them its mods that I bought before I entered the US....we will see!

Thanks

Jeff

Back