• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drop brackets - contol arm issue

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
So I got some RC drop brackets to eliminate death wobble and alignment issues. I have RE coils @ 5.5" and rustys control arm uppers are 15.5"-16" and lowers are 16.25". Without the brackets when it was dialed in just right I had no issues except for a minor rough ride. But one trip of wheeling or just time and the problems would come back. It got to the point where I had to set the toe out 1/2" just to eliminate the death wobble. So of course I install the brackets without looking at this chart which basically state my arms are too long: http://www.roughcountry.com/install/1627.pdf

Death wobble is gone, ride is greatly improved, and I set my toe at 1/8" in from center. But it now seems my control arms are too long as pictured here, they're sitting about 1/4-1/2" from the bumpstops. Also my sway bar brackets are hitting the coils on the passenger side (which is a hair closer than the drivers) so I'm driving around with them disconnected which ain't a big deal for now. So I guess my solution is to find shorter control arms?
junk008.jpg

Last edited:
I really can't see what is going on well enough to give advice.
Any other pics? I can't see the problems in this one...

Put your stock control arms back on and try it. Your track bar will bind the suspension up before the control arms do

Back