• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which battery Napa Legend 75 or Everstart Maxx 24??

Running a winch, lights, stereo? I would go for an orbital or an optima in that case.

The old school rule is one cold cranking amp per cubic inch. These days, a high output lawn mower battery can do it for us.

Warranty, cranking amps, usage, and cost all figure in. As there are only three factories in the US, the differences are often in the case color, not much in the internals.

From my perspective working in an auto parts house, I see Neverstart and Didn'tLast tradeins, with Intestate, the factory blobs, and random others pretty common. I've seen one seven year old Optima, and Die Hards are rare. Cost and quantities sold has a lot to do with it.

If your not winching on it, get something that has a lot of service points to warranty it in you locality. Be advised if you do get from a mass merchandiser/Big Box, you may wind up getting little warranty when you're forced to upgrade to the newer model every time. Longevity of a brand is short at the 'Marts - you might find it hard to get an exact replacement and have to pay the extra.

Back