• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quietest Locker?

andrew2516

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have a Aussie in the front and I hardly ever hear it make noise when in 2wd but I'm looking for a locker for my rear 44.

What is the quietest rear locker?

I'm thinking about doing an aussie like the front if I decide to lock the rear.

You are going to have to get a selectable locker like ARB or OX if you want quiet. Ratcheting lockers like lock rite or Aussie are going to make some noise.

I can't tell my no-slip is back there. No ratcheting noises, just the sound of a dragging tire if i get on the gas in a corner.

Detroit softlocker is pretty quiet 99% of the time. you either hear the tires dragging, and every once and a while, it pops really bad. other than that, one of my favorite mods.

A full Detroit is quieter than any of the lunch box lockers.

Does anyone really care how much noise it makes? :)

A full Detroit is quieter than any of the lunch box lockers.

Does anyone really care how much noise it makes? :)

I've had my full Detroit in my d44 rear for a couple years now. I've only ever heard it twice. Both times while pulling out of a parking spot turning hard left, light on the gas... bang! Other than that not even a whisper from it.

I can't tell my no-slip is back there. No ratcheting noises, just the sound of a dragging tire if i get on the gas in a corner.

Glad its working well for you.

I went from an 8.25 and no-slip to a d44 and aussie. The powertrax no-slip is WAY quieter than an Aussie in the rear.

My aussie in the back is fricken loud! It gets annoying sometime. The no slip in the front you cant feel unless its snowy or you're in 4wd.

my no-slip is really quiet. only heard it a few times

Glad its working well for you.

Thanks for the hook up! Didn't have the go/ no-go block but I got the measurements and took my micrometer to the gap and it was good.

I have run:

No-slip
Lock-rite
Aussie
Full Detroit
Detroit-EZ Locker

The No-slip and the Full detroit were the only quiet ones.

the no slip doesn't ratchet. if you look at the way it's made there's no way for it to ratchet... the cogs completely disengage when turning

of the automatic lockers i've seen in action the quiet ones have been
no-slip
detroit
lincoln :gee:

the selectables i've seen in action have all been quiet:
ox
arb
e-lockers (toyota style)

and the lock-rites and aussie styles have all been noisy, just as cal said above

the tru-track in my 30 is quiet too, but that's more of a LSD

I like mine noisy...

The "clack-clack-clack" makes me think of cowboy spurs.

I have no idea why...

Robert

Back