• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've searched.... 33x14.50x15 fit?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Im lookin at pickin up some used 33s, found some 33.14.50 for a great price, i have 15" wheels 3.75bs 8" wide wheels. My problem is will they rub in the rear on the leaf springs.. right now i have 31x10.50 and they're is about 2" roughly between tire and Leaf springs...

Anyone have experiance with this setup?

Hmm didnt expect this, a few people on forums have said aslong as i dont air down to much (15psi max) that i shouldnt roll a bead?

Hmm - I was told something alittle different. To go with a narrower rim to help keep the bead on with lower air pressure - I think my tires are around 14psi all the way around. Anyways - I have 14" wide tires on 8" wide rims with 3.75BS, and they don't rub on the leaf springs.

Hmm - I was told something alittle different. To go with a narrower rim to help keep the bead on with lower air pressure - I think my tires are around 14psi all the way around. Anyways - I have 14" wide tires on 8" wide rims with 3.75BS, and they don't rub on the leaf springs.
Got pics?:wave:

Any kind of pic you are looking for?

front:
100_2149.jpg

side:
100_3066.jpg

well i bought them. 2 are at about 40% other three are at like 20%.. I wanna have them hot-knived. they gotta be better then my 31" Dunlop radial A/Ts..

you run about 15psi on the street right? cause they say 30psi max, Also, how did you mount them? by hand? with airsoft bbs?

I don't run on the street, especially with the boggers. I have driven on hardpack / blacktop a few times like that and its not bad but wouldn't want to for many miles. I brought them in to a tire shop to be mounted - didn't do any balancing at the time cause its mainly for trails and offroad.

yep - here's a back pic:
100_2895.jpg

Front has 4.5" of lift and trimmed fenders -- Rear is suppose to be 4.5" RC springs plus 1.75" blocks, but the springs are sagging so probably safe to say low to mid 5" in rear.

I used to run a set of 36"x13'x16" TSLs on factory GM 16"x7" rims. It worked fine. The biggest drawback is that the tires will crown due to the narrow rim, meaning that you will be in contact with the center of the tread moreso than the outer lugs. Once you air down, the tire takes on a more standard contact patch as the tread flattens out, allowing the lugs to contact the dirt. If you do a lot of street driving, this type of setup will wear out the center of the tread more quickly than the outer edges. Other than that, it worked fine for me.

Look at the rear pic of the guy's XJ above with the Boggers. It sure looks like the inner sidewall is all but touching the leaf springs. That is the thing I would be most concerned with.

Im lookin at pickin up some used 33s, found some 33.14.50 for a great price, i have 15" wheels 3.75bs 8" wide wheels. My problem is will they rub in the rear on the leaf springs.. right now i have 31x10.50 and they're is about 2" roughly between tire and Leaf springs...

Anyone have experiance with this setup?

Look at the rear pic of the guy's XJ above with the Boggers. It sure looks like the inner sidewall is all but touching the leaf springs. That is the thing I would be most concerned with.

now we'r back to the leaf springs. im just gonna have to try it and see

Back