• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lmt slip to lock rire

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
swapping to an open carrier to put in a lockrite. i had an original limited slip. is the cross shaft in the spiders the same size? got a bare carrier and a lock rite. its a xj d44

I think the crosspin is the same size. It doesn't matter, though, because you need parts off an open carrier. Unless they've changed the Lockright, you need the thrust washers from behind the side gears.

whats a lmt slip and whats a lock rire?

I think the crosspin is the same size. It doesn't matter, though, because you need parts off an open carrier. Unless they've changed the Lockright, you need the thrust washers from behind the side gears.

i dont have the thrust washers i believe. alli have is an open carrier (empty) lock rite, and the limited slip thats in my 44. what am i missing?

whats a lmt slip and whats a lock rire?
No worries. If he won't take the time to spell it out, you don't have to take the time to answer his question. :D

you need the thrust washers from behind the side gears.
Too right. The instructions, which no one actually reads, indicates that you need to remove the thrust washers from behind the side gears and put them behind the drivers on your locker. If you don't have them, you need to get a set either from a dealer, or from a company which deals in Dana/Spicer parts.

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe not. Why risk it? If the washers are wrong the locker blows up. Been there done that.
No way,might cause some weird wear on the housing though.

If you don't have the thrust washers in the driven gears in the locker will sit too far apart. The crosspin doesn't have enough throw on the ramps to reach full gear tooth engagement. This is why a gap checking tool is included with the locker- too much gap equals locker failure.

Back