• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" Rough COuntry lift Questions

chadwatson326

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased the 3" rough country kit and had some questions before doing the install. I want to net about 4" toal or atleast 3.5". I got the aal but am building a bastard kit for my rear springs becuase mine now are inverted. If the springs net about 3.5 or 4 inches of lift can i just put spacers on the front springs to even it out? COuld i do this without an sye or shims? If not whatever do i need to shim or how to do that. Any help in greatly appreaciated. I just want closer to 4" and was wondering if it can be done without sye.

Yes you can add a 1 inch spacer to the front but the rear will settle so i think you'll be alright. depending on the year you may or may not need a SYE. pre-97s shouldn't need a SYE kit 97-99 might need a SYE and 00-01 will need a SYE. If you have any questions or concerns about the lift itself PM grimmus99xj his name is Jason he works at Rough Country and will help you out.

I ordered the kit from him, My problem is that my springs now are basically inverted should i buy some OME or rusty springs then use the aal that i have. OR build some from a s-10 i wanted about 3.5 total in front and rear

If your leaf springs are old and inverted, replace the entire pack. I believe Dakota springs give about 3", someone correct me if I'm wrong. Pretty sure Durango and S-10 packs are viable options as well. Do a search for "bastard pack" and you should find some info.

Bottom line, adding add-a-leafs to an old- tired pack will not be a good option long-term. It will sag in fairly short order, and then you're back to the option of replacing it with some other spring pack.

^ I believe you need an XJ main spring as the base to build off of. You add the other leaves to it. I think that just about any spring 2.5" wide will work.

Ive heard shackles will help with the worn leafs with aal, is this true will it hold up? I also already have the transfer case drop kit but did not get lca. What is the best thing for me to do to get 3.5 with no vibes, i did have a completly stock 98 with 4.0l

Back