• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.56 gears with 33s= what gas mileage?

I got 4.562 on 33s if I drive 65mph on the freeway at 2500 rpm its not to bad, mabey like 17mpg, If I take it to 3k rpm it sucks it down!

it will suck... go with 4.10s

i ran 4.56s with my old 33" claws and i could wind it out

With BFG A/Ts I currently get 17-18 MPG on the freeway doing 70MPH with 33's and 4.56 gears. On the street I get about 14MPG.

Its a Jeep and on top of that its and XJ! You have the aerodynamics of a fcricken brick!

ya you can say that again
I'm at 5.5-6" with 4.56 and 32's. I get about 14 or so in town. do not do much highway but when I drove to Az a couple months ago with this setup I got about 18-19 highway at about 70mph

Thanks for the help. I need to commute between 2 colleges every day for the next four years but I would never buy a car. Ill just deal with the mpg.

Hmmm I wonder how my Jeep will do with 4.88s and 32's. I guess I'll find out this weekend when I'm done. :)

~Scott

Something I would be interested in is to see whom is running an auto vs manual. That could be some of the reason for the fluctuation in mileage we are seeing.

Thanks for the help. I need to commute between 2 colleges every day for the next four years but I would never buy a car. Ill just deal with the mpg.

so instead of driving a car, you drive a station wagon with 33" tires?:confused1

hopefully college teaches you that driving a "truck" doesnt make you a man.

4.56's, 33x10.5 super swampers, AX-15.
18.8-19.2 around town.
18-18.2 on the highway at 65-70mph.
Rig is lifted 2.5", and does not have a roof rack.

Back