• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting ready to buy a 95 XJ

Drunkencat

NAXJA Forum User
I'am new to jeeps and this forum. I've done research on the XJ and I know this is the jeep that I want. I was looking to get a 97 to 99 XJ but came a cross a good deal. I found a 95 XJ with a used, uninstalled 4 inch rough country lift kit all for $900. The only down side was that its a rebuilt title due to the owner hitting a deer, which has been repaired. How big of a deal is having a 27 spline vs 29 spline? Is it a deal breaker?

At $900, there are no deal breakers. Look it over for the damage repair, and check if it drives straight without vibration. Don't get hung up on perfection. It's a '95 XJ. Inherently flawed, but easy to work on, with lots of parts and advice available.

Great thx for the response. I plan on driving on trails and doing some hunting with this rig. I was thinking getting a locker for this rig is that over kill for what I want to do with it? Or would installing a limited slip in it be better? I do not plan on rock crawling with it. And if I should even need to lock or limited slip it should I convert it to a 29 spline while I'am at it?

Back