• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Tire Size?

jeepsport90

NAXJA Forum User
So im finnaly getting some money goin on the heap and i need tires for an up comming road trip the jeep is comlpeatly stock but i have cut the fenders and removed the flares what tire size/type should i go with until i can get my lift?

The search nazi's are foaming at the mouth reading this right now...

30x9.50x15. Click here for more info.

It's his first post here.:D

A 30"x9.5" will fit with no trimming, but will rub on flex. If you're already trimmed, a 30" tire will be fine. You could run a 31" with some rubbing, running a wheel with less backspacing should eliminate that.

Budget boosts of 2" are cheap, look into that if you want to run 31"s with no issues.

It's his first post here.:D

A 30"x9.5" will fit with no trimming, but will rub on flex. If you're already trimmed, a 30" tire will be fine. You could run a 31" with some rubbing, running a wheel with less backspacing should eliminate that.

Budget boosts of 2" are cheap, look into that if you want to run 31"s with no issues.

That's why I warned him!

lol yes first post, sorry bout the search i tried but all i found were 33's and bigger and a lot of used tires for sale thanks a lot for the info though think im goona go with 30's any suggested brands?

www.treadwright.com

$68 for A/Ts and $71 for M/Ts! Here's your first good searching opportunity on here. They are retreads...I finally bought into them this year after seeing them perform flawlessly on several friends rigs. No problems on or off-road. Their reputation is spreading pretty quick. Search re-treads or treadwright on here.

235/75R15 is a good size, and dosn't do too bad offroad, if that's your thing. I'd recommend Dick Cepek tires, but they are expensive, and don't come less than 31". I like Bridgestone and Firestone tires. I had BFG ATs and they wore down very fast.

keep your stock tire size until you lift. you're just gonna be replacing those tires anyway. save the money. my 2 cents.

I would say go with some either 235/75 or 30x9.5 Treadwrights will be my next set of tires.

33x10.50's do just fine on stock suspension and cut fenders.
With the amount of bumpstop required up front, I would suggest a budget boost to run 33x10.5's in order to maintain 'decent' up travel.
I would not run 33's with stock gearing, so, factor in terrible on road acceleration/mpg and less than desirable crawl in 4lo.

i have a stock height xj and went with 235/75/15's i could even point you into an extremely easy direction to make quick disconnects for your front anti sway bar for 9.80(this is what i paid for parts needed at home depot) you would never believe how much more flex i got and how much better it did on the trail... it actually saved me in a pretty hairy situation on my first time out being disconnected just let me know if you'd like the link and tips on what to expect.

my friend running 33s and stock everything and cut fenders just fine

"Just fine" is a definitely a matter of opinion here. I'd never run 33s on stock gearing....done it before for a very short time and I thought it sucked. It's not just fine compared to what it would be like with the proper gearing.

I have 235/75's for street and run the 33's just for trail.

MJ shackles (b/c my leafs are inverted) and extended rear bumpstops are the only mods besides trimming.

Durhamtown1-24-09022.jpg

Back