• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats the best lube???

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
So in my case i have to install new polly bushings in my shocks and new rubber bushings in my RE control arms. i have to be honest i have used a water based personal lube in the past and it worked, but especialy with the poly i want it to not make noise and be good to the material. so what do you guys recommend?

So in my case i have to install new polly bushings in my shocks and new rubber bushings in my RE control arms. i have to be honest i have used a water based personal lube in the past and it worked, but especialy with the poly i want it to not make noise and be good to the material. so what do you guys recommend?

I like Astroglide!! O wait.....yea.....dont use too much or you wont be able to hold on to your shock. No, i mean the shock in your Heep.:shocked: No, not your shock i mean the shock.........Forget it, i give up. Do what you want!!

I use a grease made by Caterpillar called Desert Gold. It is a high impact grease that never seems to go away. I have never seen it hurt poly. It is very messy, but works killer.

I use a grease made by Caterpillar called Desert Gold. It is a high impact grease that never seems to go away. I have never seen it hurt poly. It is very messy, but works killer.

where do you get this, a quick google search produced nothing as far as obtaining it goes... oh and i use mobil 1 pure synthetic.

i use marine bearing grease because of its water repelling abilities, it seems to help keep them from squeaking for longer. i also slightly bevel the edges of the bushings before i try and press em in.

Lithium grease, i believe is what your supposed to use. I have used regular black grease before, on RTABs in my E36, they were loud, but poly does that.

Back