• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recent bastard pack, now vibes... what to do?

bb_xjer

NAXJA Forum User
I just recently added a 2nd leaf from a 93 XJ with 300,000kms to my 97 XJ... looks WAY better, rides better, hauls better.

BUT now i got vibes around 55km/h (35mph) and also at 100+ (60+). Just wondering what my options are, looking for the cheapest option. I am hoping degree shims will work and what angle to use.

thanks alot guys,
BB

cheapest... transfercase drop.... just a couple longer bolts and some square tube..... not a final solution more of a bandaid....

You'll have to measure the angles before you'll know for sure whether you need a Tcase drop, angle shims or both.

did you put shims on? or a t case drop. if neither get shims first those angle the pinion up towards the t-case output. and if that doesn't get rid of the vibes a t case drop is in order. And if you still have vibes after that then an SYE is in order.

earlier today i put appox 1/4" tcase drop, i know not much but just curious, it felt like no difference still vibes. tonight im getting an angle finder, get the angles and will let you guys know.
also to me looks like the angle on the diff to shaft is greater then tcase to shaft

earlier today i put appox 1/4" tcase drop, i know not much but just curious, it felt like no difference still vibes. tonight im getting an angle finder, get the angles and will let you guys know.
also to me looks like the angle on the diff to shaft is greater then tcase to shaft

go from 1/4" to at least 5/8", most people are running a inch. If that doesnt work then try messing with shims.

Back