• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is this? thought it had something to do w/ airbags

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
I bought my wife's soon to be daughter's 2001 xj a year ago with minor damage on the front passenger side. I pulled the front end off and bought a new header panel, grille, bumper with ends and had everything repainted. When I pulled all the old stuff off it was hanging from under the right headlight. Looks like it may have mounted somewhere behind the grille. But not sure.

At first I thought it had something to do with the airbag system but now I am not to sure. The airbag light is on in the dash and the bags are still intact. I did some digging around and I can not identify it. Apparently the airbag switch is under my console somewhere. So, I have to assume that it is not that. It has no part numbers on it and it looks like one of the tabs is broke off.

So next question is, can the airbag switch sense low impact and not set the bags off but still turn on the light in my dash? I need the light to go off properly and the airbags to function properly. Replace the airbag switch?

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01434.jpg

DSC01433.jpg

Is your wife going to be adopting this girl soon or are you going to be marrying the girls mother soon? And did you buy the Xj off of her? I'm sorry I read it a few time and it didn't make sense. And this is really a worthless post cause I can't help you out. Sorry.

LOL, your right your post was worthless. But to answer your question clearly, I bought the xj a year ago and my wife currently drives it. When my daughter turns sixteen and gets her license she will drive the xj and my wife gets a new car.

So, now that that is cleared up.............

Back on subject, if anyone one can help me out, I would much appreciate it.

that there is the outside air temperature sensor. It mounts behind the grill and relays the temp to the (I think) overhead console readout.

The airbag lamp being lit indicates that the system has determined a malfunction and the airbag will not work until it is repaired. I, unfortunately don't have any info on how to pull codes for the airbag circuit. I'm sure a quick search will turn up some hints.

My wife said that the temp display on the OH console was not working. I assume you are right.

Yeah, believe me I did a thorough search and not much came up. There are alot of lights coming on but there aren't many definitive answers as to why or how to check and reset them.

I just thought I would throw it out there again in hopes of finding an answer.

X2 on that being an ambeint air temp sensor.:wave:

Back