• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-locker install, where the hole goes?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
So I got my D30 back about a week ago with an Eaton E-locker installed, and today I was starting to put the axle back under my rig when I noticed there's no breather hole anymore. Then it hit me, the guy who installed the e-locker used the breather hole to put the wires through.

I'm pretty sure the instructions said to drill a new hole for the wires, but my question is, should I worry about not having a breather hole anymore? I'm not sure if this is normal or not...

~Scott

You can't run it without a breather.

I installed an ARB air-locker in my D30 two years ago. I have since seen a couple of write-ups where they replaced the vent tube connector with a T fitting. They ran the ARB air tube straight throgh the T and the vent line off the 90* side. Enough air gets between the OD of the air tube and the ID of the T for the vent to work just fine. Your installer could have done something like that, if they wanted to avoid drilling another hole. I sure wish I had seen this technique before I drilled the hole in my housing.

Back