• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Changing the 97+ fuel pump.

BlueCuda

NAXJA Forum User
Yes I know you have to drop the tank. BUT I could have sworn I saw where someone on naxja cut an access panel and took the pump out though the top without pulling the tank. I have a bumper and gas tank skid that have all been through hell and back and removal and installation is a PITA so I would rather not drop the tank. That coupled with the crappy aftermarket fuel pumps out there makes me want this to be easier. Already had to do a pump on the trail for a friend a few months ago. Thankfully his was easy and we didn't have drop the tank. Thanks!!

Clark

oh please can someone help this man ! Find the right spot to drill a big hole in his floorboard so he can swap out the fuel pump !

PS help me to do the same thing,. But I have Two XJ's 97 & 01 will sooner or later be needed this done to :laugh3:

www.BlueXJ.com

It must have been another vehicle I had where I saw this write up. It sure would be alot easier LOL. I fear having to take the bumper supports and gas tank skid off. They have been beaten and bent many times and not sure how easy they will be to get back on. Dropping the tank will be the easy part :D.

I even logged back into jeeps unlimited(been long time) to search over there.

Back